Friday, January 16

THE SKETCH


Joshua and I have had been best friends since kindergarten. He calls me Anne but my name is Alyssa. He said it was easier to pronounce a name with just one syllable rather than three. We were kids, and all I said was "OK". Joshua loves cars. Ever since we met, he's been bragging about his dream of having a car fully customized and being the fastest whenever in races. I didn't know what else to say whenever he talks about his dreams. All I ever did was listen. He's a popular kid. Too mischievous, if I may say. Everybody loves him for being the center of fun. I was always beside him, so automatically, I'm popular too. When we entered the grade school, we made a name for ourselves. We always love the attention. But I still remember, behind every happiness at school, when we're at his or my house, sadness always arises. His mother died giving birth to him. He longed so much to even know what it feels like to have a mother. I've always seen a tormented soul flowing inside him. And I was the only one who knows about this. We were best friends. At High school, we've our different clicks and friends. But never had we missed a day seeing each other, either in his or my house.

Before graduation, I wanted to tell him how I feel about him. I wanted to say it so bad, but I couldn't. I was too afraid to be rejected and afraid to lose our friendship. So one night, we were chatting on the internet, I told him something, a hint of what I feel. I said "I know after graduation, we'll part ways. But let's make a promise. After 10 years time, we'll see each other again at the place we used to stay. By that time, i hope both our dreams had come true." He first thought of it as a joke. But he knew I was never a jester. After he signed-off, I left him an off-line message. It says there: "I know you'll do great someday, and I think I've seen a picture of what the style of your car will be at my dreams. I've drawn it and attached it here. At least for you to know what I saw. Goodbye." The night before the graduation, i completely canceled all my accounts in the internet, and put out all connections with him. For it was also the day we're moving to another country. I was totally heart-broken but I knew it was my own fault. He was shocked when he figured out we've move out without me telling him. He tried to call me, but nothing is at reach. He opened his computer and checked his e-mails. He saw my last message to him. He cried out for a while, knowing we might never see each other again. He printed out the drawing I made and stuffed it in his wallet. Few years had passed, I became a painter. A lot of my paintings were related to him. He was making his way to top of the racing league. His dream of having a customized car happened, as if it was destined to happen. We both never forget the day we said to see each other again. We were both eager for it to come. That day came, and I came earlier. I waited for him there for 1 hour. I thought he have forgotten about me. I was about to go, when suddenly, a car showed up that surprised me. The car I saw, was the one I draw before. I was surprised, that he got the real message. He got out of the car and we talked as if there will be no tomorrow. I said to him: "your dreams came true after all. I knew you'd get my message." He then replied: "I've always felt the same, but never have I been brave enough to say it to you." We both fell in love. And suddenly, he asked me: "I never knew what your dream was. I never knew you were serious at painting, so it did come true."

I said to him "It was never my dream to be a painter. The only dream I had since we met, was to be with you forever".

4 comments:

  1. Deserves Mouth praising

    It was really great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo.... Its nice Story Man...

    Is it real Story Allwyn?....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this story, It has true immense feeling of care and love, Hats off to this lovely couples.

    I would look forward to find similar true stories in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sketch of True love

    Very few are lucky to get lover

    THE SKETCH OF TRUE LOVE

    ReplyDelete